- Step 1: Fold the CHEMEX filter in half. Then fold in half again, bringing the two corners together. Place your finger between the 3rd and 4th layer and open into a funnel.
- Step 2: Place the funnel in the top portion of the CHEMEX coffeemaker, with 3 layers on the groove side. The groove is an air vent (and also the pouring spout) and allows air to escape from the lower portion of the coffeemaker, letting the coffee filter
- Step 3: Put coffee in the filter paper cone. Use one heaping tablespoon per cup of coffee (adjust to personal taste if needed after first brew). Refer to brewing instructions for remaining steps.
- THICKER: 20-30% thicker than ordinary filters, specialty fiber filter design keep bitter elements, oils, and grounds in their place (and out of your cup)
- Fits all CHEMEX Coffeemakers except CM-1, CM-1C, CM-1GH